Saturday, August 20, 2011

WELCOME TO 3rd GRADE!

Hello!

I had the pleasure of meeting a few of you at "Meet The Teacher" night. For those of you who did not get to meet me, I am Mrs. Fisbeck. I teach third grade math, science and health. I grew up in Sugar Land, Tx and I am a product of FBISD schools. I graduated from Texas Tech University with a degree in Multidisciplinary Studies with a minor in Special Education. I am a certified EC-4th grade teacher. I am also certified in Special Education, Gifted & Talented and ESL. This will be my 6th year as a teacher in FBISD. I absolutely love what I do and I can't wait to meet all of you!

Here's a little bit about me: I am a daughter to two amazing parents who have been married 38 years this February. I have one brother and a sister in law, a 2 1/2 year old nephew and a 6 month old niece. We are very close and live about a mile away from each other. I have an absolutely wonderful husband, Brandon. We welcomed our first child, Jackson, in to this world a little over a year ago. He is 15 months old. Family is one of the most important things in my life. I attribute this to my need to communicate with my students parents on a regular basis. :)
I enjoy all sports (softball, volleyball, basketball, jogging, swimming, baseball, college football and many more).

Interesting Facts About Me:

-My softball team won 1st place at Nationals in 1995 (this was one of my proudest moments as a teenager)
-I am fluent in American Sign Language
-I was on ESPN four times during college (as one of Texas Tech's biggest sports fans)

I wanted to explore the technology world this year so I am trying to dedicate time to keep a class blog for my parents to visit for information. I will try my hardest to keep this updated throughout the year. I will upload tutorial videos, papers that go home in Tuesday folders (if I am able to get it in electronic form), classroom progress, etc. I hope you enjoy this and are patient with me as I am entering a new adventure with blogging. :)

Here's to a GREAT year!

Feel free to contact me with any concerns!

Lauren Fisbeck











1 comment: